lørdag 23. juli 2011

Lentil walnut burgers

Amazing burgers! Found the recipe on Youtube and just had to try it out. Man, am I glad I did, these are wonderful.


RECIPE
5 dl red lentils, cooked (I use canned)
2,5 dl walnuts
No Egg equivalent to 2 eggs (check the packet for instructions)
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp Dijon mustard
12 cloves of garlic (yes, I read it right), shredded
1 large chopped onion
3-4 dl wheat germ or breadcrumbs
2 dl soyamilk
2 tbsp oil
Salt, pepper

Toast the walnuts in the oven for 10 minutes on 325 F. Take them out and let them cool. Chop them up in smaller pieces, but not too small.



Mash the lentils in a bowl. I use a potato masher. Add the walnuts and then the remaining ingredients, one by one. Really work them in. If the batter is too loose, add more wheat germ/breadcrumbs, or if it's too firm, add more soyamilk. My 3 year old son helped me with the mashing process. :)




Make burgers with your hand. They should be quite form and easy to work with. Fry them in oil until they are crisp on the outside, maybe 3-4 minutes on each side. Delicious!!!!




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar