lørdag 23. juli 2011

Vegan Bolognese-sauce

My husband is half Italian, and, it's no myth that Italians love their spaghetti. I really missed a huge bowl of real Spaghetti Bolognese, and when I made this sauce for the first time, I almost fainted out of pure joy! You canæt really taste much differende between this one or the real stuff, I tell ya!


RECIPE

1 packet of soy "ground beef". I don't know what to buy in your country, but here in Norway I use this one.
1 large chopped onion
3-4 shredded cloves of garlic
1 stick of cellery, sliced
2 large carrots, choppet into small pieces
Vegetable broth, I use 1 piece/dice? Don't know the English word. Just crumble it into the sauce
2-3 dl water
3 large tbsp tomato paste
Herbes like oregano, basil and thyme
Salt, pepper
A little TVP-bacon is also good, I usually have a box of homemade facon in my fridge

Fry onion, garlic, cellery and carrots in oil for a few minutes. Add the soy-meat and stir. After a few minutes, add the remaining ingredients and let the sauce simmer for about 30 minutes or so.

Serve it on top of your favorite pasta.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar