torsdag 21. juli 2011

Gary Yourofsky changed my life

Many of you have maybe heard of Gary Yourofsky. I think most vegans know who he is. It's easy to think of him as a vegan Messiah. It sounds cheezy, but that's how it is. He is a true inspiration for us all, and he turns people vegan in minutes. It's amazing.
My mother was the first one of us to see his great speech. She called me after and was urging me to watch it. I was a bigtime meat eater at the time, and I had NO plans becoming vegetarian, and absolutely not vegan! My God, what would life be without egg and dairy? I lived for that food! Oh no, I would NOT watch that video, never ever. I was scared. I didn't want to change my life, I enjoyed eating everything, and I was "famous" for my cakes and food, I often held dinner parties and just loved to live the way I lived. Turning vegan would destroy everything. Or so I thought.

My mother nagged me about this video, she even got my brother and his fiancee to watch it and they turned vegan! Whaat? Eventually I agreed to watch it. Mostly to shut her up and to show her and everyone else that I would not turn vegan just because a silly man told me something about the meat- and dairy industry. Hah! 

Long story short, I watched the whole speech, and after it was finished, I was a vegan. And here I am.

I challenge meat eaters to watch it. Can you really watch this whole speech and NOT turn vegan? I really hope not, I don't like the thought of people being that cold.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar